My commitment to uphold I4IPH’s Mission, Vision and Core Values (below) means that I will maintain a safe space for mutual exchange on this website by self-monitoring my use so that my words bestow respect toward all members of I4IPH and lead toward positive resolution of conflict. I will:
- Speak for myself, not for others.
- Value different perspectives.
- Not undermine another person publicly or criticize a person’s faith.
- Ask for clarity rather than assuming.
- Not stereotype or make generalizations about a group of people.
I understand that the goal is not to avoid disagreements or differing views but to participate in them constructively. In a disagreement, I will:
- Assume that people mean well.
- Think carefully before turning disagreement into public dispute.
- Make time to breathe before writing a heated response.
- Remember that poorly expressed comments can intimidate or cause pain for other community members.
By respecting others, their contributions, and assuming well-meaning motivation, I will help to make the I4IPH Online Community a comfortable and safe place for all.